Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Baked Chicken Chimi's

Crappy picture as usual.
These are a favorite at our house. Sooooo good and sooooo easy!
1 1/2 C chicken, cooked and chopped
2/3 C salsa
2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp oregano
2 bunches green onion, chopped
1 C cheddar cheese, shredded
Flour tortillas (costco's uncooked tortillas are the best!)
2 TBL butter, melted
*Combine and heat first 5 ingredients in a saucepan until most liquid has evaporated. Spoon mixture onto your tortillas, top with cheese, fold and seal with seam side down in a greased 9x13 pan. Brush with butter and Bake at 475 for 13 minutes or until browned.

Note: I use more chicken because I like my chimi's really full therefore I increase the other ingredients as well but I just eyeball it. It's hard to go wrong with these. I also skip the melted butter part. I find that the uncooked tortillas from costco crisp up really well without it.


6 comments:

  1. Elasha does it again! I think we may have these for dinner tonight. I've never melted the butter though, would that help the non-Costco tortillas crisp up more than if I don't melt it? Since I don't have any Costco ones right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. SERIOUSLY! Where does Elasha get these recipes?! I'd imagine butter would help the inferior tortillas crisp up. I'm not 100% sure since I haven't used the inferior tortillas in a long time because they're inferior. INFERIOR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEs, the butter does help it crisp up, but I just spread it on without melting it. I was just wondering if you had some marvelous insight into melted butter! Yes, I agree they are inferior but I got like 5 packages close to free and I couldn't resist. They are in my freezer. I will make do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you just spread it on?! You Genius you! No I have no marvelous insight into melted butter but I did just make some butter in my blendtec last night...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! These look amazing. So do you still brown both sides of the tortillas before you wrap them up? I love those tortillas! Thanks for posting some new recipes!

    ReplyDelete