Friday, January 22, 2010

Baked Ziti

unbaked


baked


This is seriously one of my favorite recipes ever! We LOVE it! I got it from allrecipes.com This makes a FULL 9x13 pan. Enough to feed an army for like a week! Whenever I am making this just for my family, I always divide it into two 9x9 pans, bake one for that night and stick the other pan in the freezer for another night. The picture above is one recipe divided into two pans. Seriously, it's a lot! We can never finish off a full 9x13, but if you can, by all means make it all! I also coat the pasta with the sauce so as to not have any naked noodles. Note: I do not bake the ziti I plan to freeze. When you want to eat the frozen one, pull it out of the freezer the afternoon before and let it defrost all day and night, then bake the following evening for 30-40 minutes depending on how defrosted it was.

3 comments:

  1. This is one of our favorites! I am so glad you gave me this recipe. Just the other day Lee had baked ziti at a restaurant and he said it wasn't as good as this one. It's perfect for taking dinner to people, and it has always been a hit when I have done that. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally going to make this! I have a simple Baked Ziti I make but this looks sooo much better! The provolone cheese in it - yum! I was just thinking this would be perfect to take as a meal to someone. Infact - I need to take a meal somewhere next week - this will be it! I love this blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had this last week. It was awesome! Now I'm waiting on more great ideas!

    ReplyDelete