Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Roasted Chicken part 2



I love costco's rotisserie chickens. They're big, cheap and already done. However there is a sense of pride you get from roasting your own. Whole chickens come REALLY cheap when on sale at the supermarket and they are so easy to do yourself. I roasted two chickens this last time, one for dinner that night and the other was to be shredded for dinner the next night. I have already posted how to do a roasted chicken but I think I prefer this method.

I just used olive oil, salt and pepper on the chickens, I didn't even season under the skin or inside the cavity. It's also unnecessary to wash your chicken, the oven will kill whatever freaky germ is on there. I threw some potatoes around the chicken baked it at 450 and in less than 1.5 hours dinner was ready (pull out when they reach 160). I let the chicken rest for 20 min. before serving which is essential for maximum juciness.

I like the bagged frozen green beans from costco. I cook them via the instructions on the bag then drain, wipe up moisture from pan, melt butter in it, add beans back and season with salt, pepper, granulated garlic, onion powder and I'm telling you it makes the best green beans! Also works to spruce up canned green beans (be sure to drain them).

My potatoes did overcook slightly as I'm sure you can tell from the pic but that was because I cut them too small, just halving them would have been sufficient. They were nice and crisp on the bottom and still delicious but overdone nonetheless. Again just olive oil, salt and pepper.

I will post tomorrow what I made with the other chicken, it starts with an E and ends with nchiladas. It's a good recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment