Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Mexican Chicken Soup


Here's a good recipe from my dear sister Adrienne, I get a lot from her. This blog should be called "Eatables from Adrienne but blogged by Kristin".
This doesn't take much:
1 roasted chicken (costco)
1 package near East Spanish Rice
1 bottle Resers original salsa (about 2 cups)
1 package frozen corn
Shred Chicken. Put in pot and cover with about 8C of chicken broth. Add rice mix and seasonings packet and cook for 20 min. Add salsa and cook another 10 min. Add package of frozen corn before serving. Best when made the day before (seriously). Top with sour cream, cheese, chips and cilantro. You will most likely need more broth if made the day before because the rice absorbs a lot of the liquid so just be prepared to add more broth.

1 comment:

  1. Whatever. We all know who the cook in the family is. This is seriously our favorite soup. Actually, I guess I should say it is me and Lee's favorite soup. Emma's favorite is YOUR potato soup that I just made the other night...

    ReplyDelete