Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Stuffed French Toast

Wanna eat something that's delish AND has zero nutritional value?!
Well here you go!
I had to hunt this recipe down! I heard about it's deliciousness from some friends in my old ward that attended a brunch where this was served. I tried my dardnest to get ahold of Summer for the recipe but I couldn't in time...so I called my friend deborah and she kindly e-mailed it to me pronto! I needed to make it for Darcy for his Father's day breakfast. He sure loved it! The recipe says to serve with the buttermilk syrup but I had some caramel syrup that I had made a few days earlier in the fridge so I used that instead. I will post that recipe next...
Thanks Summer for sharing this awesomness!
* I think the flavor of this is best after it's been allowed to cool a bit.




Stuffed French Toast
10 Slices white bread (set out for a few hours)
2 (8 oz.) cream cheese ( cut down to 1 1/4 package)
1 doz. eggs
2 cups milk
1/3 cup syrup

*Remove crust from bread. Cube bread and place half of it in 9x13 inch pan. Cube cream cheese and put on top of bread.
Place remaining bread on top. Mix eggs, milk and syrup. Pour mixture over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.


Buttermilk Syrup ( serve hot )

1 cube butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. Vanilla

*Melt over medium heat. When it just starts to boil, remove off heat and add 1 tsp. soda and 1 tsp. vanilla.
Stir, it will foam up. Can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. How did you get this post up so quick?? It looks super delish! Yum! Now I need a good excuse to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo making that for dinner one night this week. You know on a night when I don't think we need anything of nutritional value. Although the strawberries add a little nutrition! Looks so good.

    ReplyDelete