Sunday, April 15, 2012

Deep Dish Brownies


I am a huge fan of the boxed Ghirardelli brownie mix from costco.
I think they are delicious and I've never had a homemade brownie better
than those. That is until I had these brownies that my grandma made.
Be sure to serve these with some ice cream or a tall glass of milk!

3/4 C melted butter or margarine
1 1/2 C sugar
1 1/2 t. Vanilla
3 eggs
3/4 C flour
1/2 C cocoa
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 C chocolate chips
Pre-heat oven to 350 and grease an 8x8 pan.  In a medium bowl mix butter, sugar and vanilla.
Add eggs and beat with spoon. Combine dry ingredients and add to egg mixture and blend well.
stir in chips. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until brownies start to draw away from pan. Cool completely. MAY take longer for a doubled recipe in a 9x13 pan. DO NOT OVERBAKE!!

2 comments:

  1. Best served with Spumoni ice cream :). Thanks for posting. These are seriously the best homemade brownies I have ever eaten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting that you have posted on this blog! Do some more. I love these brownies, they are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete