Monday, August 17, 2009

Best Barbecued Ribs


These ribs are to die for! Adrienne put this recipe that she got from a college room mate in our family cookbook, and I just made them for the first time after hearing about their goodness from Adrienne and my mom. Albertsons has these ribs on sale until Wednesday for .87 a pound, so I bought two huge packages, bbq'd em' and stuck them in the freezer for a busy day. They aren't even whole ribs in the picture because they just fell apart!
Best BBQ Ribs:
8 country style pork ribs- bone in or boneless
3/4 C brown sugar
1 1/2 TBL mustard
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp powdered ginger
2 TBL Worcestershire sauce
8oz tomato sauce
2 TBL minced dried onion (or fresh)
1-2 Cloves garlic, crushed
1 1/2 TBL dried parsley
* I 1.5 the sauce.
Boil ribs for 2 hours in enough water to cover (bring to boil, cover and reduce heat.)
Make sauce out of the other ingredients. Marinate cooked ribs in baking dish, 1-2 hours or overnight. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 350 for 1.5 hours. Can also freeze them. To bake when frozen, thaw slightly, then cook them at 300 for 2.5 hrs.
* I marinated the ribs overnight-FABULOUS!

5 comments:

  1. Gotcha. It seemed similar to my moms. But I've only made that once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ujust got really excited and thought, I will have to go to Albs. on Tuesday... Too bad you posted this a few weeks ago, man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, these were so good! A new family favorite for sure! Lucky for me ribs were on sale at Sprouts when I went yesterday! This is now the third way that we do country ribs and Andy has decided he might like it better than his dad's famous recipe. Thank for all the great recipes, I love it!

    ReplyDelete