Sunday, May 3, 2009

Chicken Alfredo Pizza

My sister, Adrienne gave me a recipe for chicken alfredo pizza which we had for dinner last night with a side of peanut butter cookies gifted to me by my friend Hilarie who came over to hang out earlier. It was a great meal! Thanks Adrienne and Hilarie! (for the record, Avery went to bed hungry after this dish! but Parker dug it!) The pizza was a little on the greasy side but that was my fault. I felt like crud after eating pizza and cookies for dinner, so when Darcy said he needed to go get the mail I volunteered to get it and had him time me while I ran to the mail box and back, I made it in 1 min. 45 sec. My lungs hurt and it gave me a headache which indicates I'm severly out of shape so I'll have to work on that. (for the record, my mailbox is freakin' far away!)
Adrienne-P.S.
I did end up making the alfredo sauce and the crust and I sauteed the onion first because I don't like onion just lightly broiled on pizza. It was a little greasy because I accidently poured EVOO on the crust instead of lightly blotting it, oops! nonetheless delish!



Chicken Alfredo Pizza
chicken cut and cooked in olive oil and garlic
alfredo sauce
mozzarella cheese, grated
artichoke hearts
red onion
pizza seasoning
pizza dough
Blot some olive oil on top and bottom of crust with a paper towel to evenly coat (you can do just top if desired) sprinkle crust with pizza seasoning. spread alfredo sauce on crust, then sprinkle with cheese. Top with chicken, artichoke hearts and red onion. Top with a little more cheese and sprinkle a little more seasoning. Bake according to crust directions. Don't go crazy on cheese, it doesn't taste great with too much.


Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
1 1/3 C warm water
1 TBL active dry yeast
1 TBL molasses
mix together let stand at least 3 min.
when foamy, add yeast mixture to
2 1/2C whole wheat flour mixed with
1 tsp salt
mix together and knead adding flour as needed for 5-7min
alow to rise in a greased bowl, covered for about an hour or until
doubled.
roll out onto greased cookie sheet and pre-bake at 500 for 4 min.
add toppings and bake at 475 until toppings are bubblin'
*Feel free to do half wheat half white or all white.

Alfredo Sauce
1 C heavy cream
1/4 C fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
6 TBL butter
1-2 tsp lemon zest
pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
salt
1/2C parm cheese
stir cream and lemon juice together in a heavy skillet, add butter and cook over med heat, stirring occasionally until butter melts. stir in lemon zest,nutmeg,salt and cheese simmer over low until thickened.

No comments:

Post a Comment